Luxury Home


Residential Insurance Claims Settlement in Texas

The Disaster Advocates assist residential property owners with insurance claims on the following types of residential structures: single family homes, townhomes, condos, and apartment residents.  Most commonly, a residential claim can be attributed to a water leak. If not dealt with properly then a secondary problem can occur, such as: mold, and structural damage.  A property owner, who has worked hard to give their family the security of a home, is now dealing with filing an insurance claim with an insurance company that would rather keep their money than pay a claim settlement. The property owner contacts their insurance company to begin the claim process, and they quickly learn that they may be in over their head. The insurance company may try to send out an insurance restoration company, and then, if there is a dispute on the scope of work, the insurance company will attempt to document that you hired the restoration company when you signed the authorization to begin work. The property owner could be left with a lien for “unauthorized” work from the very restoration company the property insurance company themselves sent out. This is an issue that can be avoided if you hire an expert public insurance adjuster to protect your interests.

A property owner does not have to hire the insurance restoration company that the property insurance company sends. You have the right to choose who you want to work with, who you want to pay, and the price you’re willing to pay. Make sure you get a written project plan that includes the scope of work and pricing, require a signed contract, and make sure that the contract and project plan have insurance company approval before works begins on your property.

The insurance policy documentation is loaded with legal terms and other insurance industry jargon that policyholders are unlikely to understand, such as: RCV, ACV, recoverable depreciation, ICC and appraisal.

If these terms make your head spin, don’t worry, there is help. The Disaster Advocates will be there to help you “Claim What’s Yours.”  Hiring a public adjuster in Texas to assist in the filing of a residential loss or damage claim can alleviate the stress of the claim settlement process by avoiding costly mistakes when dealing with an uneven playing field. It can be especially confusing when there is a multi-family structure (homeowners association) and the association is involved in the claim process as well. The Disaster Advocates has experience working with homeowners, townhome, and condo associations in relation to disaster recovery insurance claims.

We will do a no-cost consultation to review your policy coverage and claim details to ensure that you are on the right road to recovery. If your claim is a large loss, an expert public adjuster may be needed to ensure full and fair payment. Many times when a homeowner is dealing with a total loss, their insurance company typically pays the structure portion of the claim at policy limits. The homeowner however,  is left to inventory all their belongings to make a personal property claim. Trying to remember every item you had in your household is nearly impossible, and the content inventory can be emotionally draining and will take up an enormous amount of time. Hiring The Disaster Advocates to prepare your home inventory for a damage or loss insurance claim will help you focus on other aspects of your recovery. The insurance company doesn’t care about the emotional or physical toll of content inventory, so let us help you by lifting the burden from your shoulders and placing it confidently on ours.

Let The Disaster Advocates help you “Claim What’s Yours.” Please contact TDA Public Adjusters for your residential insurance claim and settlement needs, so we can set up your No Cost Consultation.

© 2013 The Disaster Advocates, Inc. All Rights Reserved.