Texas Public Adjuster: Top 10 Insurance Claim Tips
The Disaster Advocates have been actively working within the insurance claims processing industry for a decade now, and because we’ve crawled through the muck and mire, clawed through the hedgerows and ditches, and pushed through the barriers erected by insurance companies we have an intimate knowledge of how to move through the processes, and succeed.
Here are the 10 top insurance claim tips recommended by TDA the Texas public adjuster that, if you follow, you can be confident that your experience with the insurance claims settlement process is a “positive” one.
1)Be pro-active in the insurance claim process. Don’t sit around waiting to hear back from the insurance company. There are deadlines you have to meet, and if the insurance company can delay you, they will. Stay in active contact with your insurance claims rep, and your Texas public insurance adjuster. Know the ins and outs of your damage claim so that when issues arise, you know exactly what to do to solve them.
2) You’re not on a level playing field when you’re dealing with an insurance claim. Remember that the insurance company adjuster has inside knowledge about the workings of the insurance claim. One way you can get on a level playing field is to hire a licensed public insurance adjuster who will have your interests in mind at all times.
3) Think of your insurance claim as a business negotiation, where you will need the best public adjusters in Texas.
4) Give your insurance company a chance to do the right thing, but don’t mistake a friendly representative for a friend. You need a Texas public insurance adjuster that represent’s your best interest NOT the insurance company’s bottom line.
5) With the help of a licensed Texas public adjuster, document and support your claim with proof, details, and estimates.
6) Present clear requests in writing that explain what you need, when you need it, and why you’re entitled to it.
7) Don’t pad or exaggerate your damage claims. Be honest and very detailed about every aspect of your claim.
8) Don’t sign legal documents without consulting with a qualified attorney. The fine print on many insurance claims can trap and trick policy owners into settling for much less than their settlement claim is really worth.
9) Try to resolve problems informally, but complain in writing. Go up the chain of command and/or use government agency help when necessary. There are many avenues of aide offered by government agencies that property owners can take, but they need to be aware of them. The Disaster Advocates Texas insurance adjusters have a list of government agencies available to help navigate through the insurance claims settlement process.
10) Get specialized professional help when you need it – and we’re confident that the public insurance adjusters of The Disaster Advocates, more than qualify as specialized professional help.
Top 10 Insurance Claim Tips list compiled by United Policyholders.
TDA Claims Texas insurance adjusters are dedicated to providing policyholder advocacy and the highest quality insurance claims services. When preparing for and dealing with a specific damage claim, please see our in depth advice pages focused on claims related to: fires, wind, hurricanes, tornadoes, flood, water, hail, lightning, equipment breakdown, and theft and vandalism. It’s also important to know how your industry specifies the best routes on achieving the settlement you deserve, our Texas public adjusters detail this in our markets served sections: Commercial, Restaurant, Retail & Office Buildings, Multi-Family Apartment Buildings, Manufacturing and Residential.